Optimizing your investment portfolio

Creating an investment portfolio involves analyzing goals, risk tolerance, and other relevant factors to determine an appropriate strategy. This strategy may include selecting specific investments, asset classes, and investment vehicles to construct a diversified portfolio. We regularly monitor portfolios to ensure that it remains aligned with our client’s investment objectives and risk tolerance. Overall, the goal is to provide a customized approach that helps clients achieve their financial objectives while minimizing risk.

Optimizing your investment portfolio

Creating an investment portfolio involves analyzing goals, risk tolerance, and other relevant factors to determine an appropriate strategy. This strategy may include selecting specific investments, asset classes, and investment vehicles to construct a diversified portfolio. We regularly monitor portfolios to ensure that it remains aligned with our client’s investment objectives and risk tolerance. Overall, the goal is to provide a customized approach that helps clients achieve their financial objectives while minimizing risk.

Avoiding emotional investment decisions

The key benefits of working with a wealth manager is to help clients avoid making emotional investment decisions and to ensure you’re on track and accountable to your life’s financial goals (which can translate into fulfilling other life’s goals). Oftentimes, investors can make decisions based on fear, greed, or other emotions that can lead to poor outcomes. We provide an objective perspective to help guide investment decisions. Additionally, we provide education and support to help clients make informed decisions and avoid common behavioral finance pitfalls.

Avoiding emotional investment decisions

The key benefits of working with a wealth manager is to help clients avoid making emotional investment decisions and to ensure you’re on track and accountable to your life’s financial goals (which can translate into fulfilling other life’s goals). Oftentimes, investors can make decisions based on fear, greed, or other emotions that can lead to poor outcomes. We provide an objective perspective to help guide investment decisions. Additionally, we provide education and support to help clients make informed decisions and avoid common behavioral finance pitfalls.

Being strategic includes flexing for new opportunities

We help accomplish our clients’ goals by incorporating the following asset classes into portfolios:
  • Stocks
  • Bonds
  • Real assets
  • Private credit
  • Liquid and illiquid alternative investments (when applicable)

We believe that 80% of an investment portfolio should be strategic and unwavering from one year to the next.  The remaining 20% can “flex” tactically in various directions depending on investment opportunities. 

At times, our clients have large exposures to equity in their company which often is a multiple of their liquid investments.  At Proper Wealth, it is our job to ensure there’s balance in their overall portfolio and balance sheet for our clients to be optimally positioned for their goals, investment strategy and risk tolerance.

Interested in learning more?

Let’s connect.